Certain key aspects to keep in mind before planning Retail Fundraising Strategy:
- Understand your audience- who are your donors and supporters, identify them and segment them into groups to understand their characteristics, to be able to plan your approach and communication channels, which is a key part of your strategy.
- Define what types of Retail Fundraising or Individual Fundraising will work best for your organization- e.g. cash gifts, online fundraisers/ digital giving, recurring gifts, legacy giving, or others.
- Plan and build your individual giving program- plan the elements like goals, strategy or approach, timelines and milestones, target groups, communication channels, and strategies.
- Plan your donor acquisition strategy and stewardship strategy- stewardship is of paramount importance for the retention of your donors.
- Innovate and get creative with your approaches as you see and revisit the data- use data and analytics to inform your approach.