Hello! EDP – Energias de Portugal has recently launched its AE2 CSR Fund Program to contribute to alleviate energy poverty by supporting sustainable and clean energy projects in remote rural areas.
These projects, based on sustainable renewable energy solutions, have been contributing to the social, economic and environmental development of the rural communities in developing countries measured by its value to Sustainable Development Goals indicators.
In this edition, they will support projects that are located in these countries: Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Angola, Rwanda.
Projects must address one of these areas of activity:
- Education: e.g. electricity for lighting, computers and internet services.
- Health: e.g. energy for lighting of facilities, laboratories, diagnostic equipment and refrigeration of vaccines.
- Water and Agriculture: e.g. electricity for boreholes, water pumping and crop irrigation.
- Business: e.g. energy supply of small business initiatives, supply of electricity for machinery and equipment, electric mobility.
- Community: e.g. electrification of households, community centers and public lighting.