Hi Friend! The United Nations Voluntary Trust Fund for Victims of Trafficking in Persons, especially Women and Children is an integral component of a global effort to address trafficking in persons.
The Fund supports actions by specialized NGOs around the world that ensure that women, children and men who have been exploited by human traffickers are identified, treated humanely as victims of a crime, and provided with the assistance, protection and support.
Recently, the UN Voluntary Trust Fund for Victims of Trafficking (UNVTF) has launched the 5th Call for Proposals to provide direct assistance and protection to vulnerable victims of trafficking in persons; and improve health and well-being, facilitate social integration and prevent re-trafficking amongst vulnerable victims of trafficking in persons.
- Proposals with budgets ranging from USD 5,000 to USD 20,000 will be considered for award.
- All activities financed by this sub-programme must be implemented within 9 months.
Thematic Focus and Priority Issues
This call for proposals seeks to provide funding support to not-for-profit organisations working in the area of trafficking in persons whose projects are aimed at providing immediate and essential direct assistance for vulnerable victims of trafficking in persons.
- Priority shall be given to projects that target the following population:
- Women and girls.
- Projects targeting men and boys as well as persons of non-binary gender will also be considered.
- Priority shall be given to projects that target persons identified in the following situations:
- Persons identified among large movements of refugees and/or migrants, including internally displaced persons.
- Persons identified in or fleeing from areas where armed conflict is taking place or has recently taken place; or where there is instability caused by a breakdown of law and order.