There are tons of opportunities that are providing grants to address the world’s most complex development challenges and problems. Still, IREX’s 2021–2022 Community Solutions Program is the best opportunity for you, as it addresses all the issues you are working on, fully-funded to the United States and most importantly, it will help you to expand your professional network and improve your technical and leadership skills.
The Community Solutions Program (CSP) is a year-long professional development program for people who are working to improve their communities by addressing issues related to energy and the environment, peace and conflict resolution, transparency and accountability, and women and gender.
Community activists will be selected to participate in the program that includes:
- Four-month Fellowship in the United States: Community Solutions fellows are matched to host organizations throughout the U.S. where they complete a four-month, hands-on professional experience
- Community Leadership Institute: Community Solutions fellows participate in the Community Leadership Institute, a leadership training program designed to strengthen their leadership and management skills. The Institute includes face-to-face trainings, online courses, professional coaching, and networking
- Community-based initiatives: While in the U.S. and with the help of their U.S. host organization, Community Solutions fellows design and plan a community development initiative or project to carry out after they return home. Once the fellows depart the U.S., they put these projects into action in their home communities
The program covers the cost of most expenses associated with:
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip travel from participants’ home city to the U.S.
- Monthly allowance to cover housing, meals, and other living expenses while in the U.S. and,
- Accident and sickness insurance
If you are passionate about improving your local community, then apply NOW!