Thank you for contacting us!
Indeed, we have funding opportunities in the health care and food security sector for Ethiopia, but, we would like to apologize because as of now, we do not have any opportunity specifically based on Leprosy.
But don’t you worry, in our platform, some funding opportunities cover health care and food security as a whole segment. I would request you to explore these opportunities mentioned below:
UKPHS Call for Proposals: Large Grants Program in Ethiopia, Somalia and Somaliland
The Tropical Health and Education Trust (THET) is pleased to announce a call for proposals for the second wave of Large Grants for UK Partnerships for Health Systems (UKPHS).
The UKPHS aims to contribute to Sustainable Development Goal 3: ensuring healthier lives and promotion of well-being for all at all ages, including supporting countries to achieve UHC.
The key outcome of the programme will be improved capability of the health system to address national priorities, including meeting the needs of the poor and most vulnerable populations, and all projects should feed into this.
The key aims of the programme are to:
- Support the development of stronger and more resilient health systems through, for example, better governance, information, and management of health institutions;
- Improve the quality of health services through systematic approaches to improving the skills and knowledge of health workers and other professionals in the health sector, especially in reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child and adolescent services where this aligns with country priorities;
- Build on institutional capacity to decrease any reliance on external support.
- Grants of up to £350,000 are available.
- All funded projects are expected to last between 24 and 30 months.
- Project activities will be implemented from June 2021 until November 2023.
Grand Challenge to achieve Food Security and Nutrition in Africa
The Alliance for Accelerating Excellence in Science in Africa (AESA) is inviting proposals to address a new Grand Challenge: Promoting and facilitating innovative solutions to achieve Food Security and Nutrition in Africa.
This call is focused on the SDG2 targets with the overall objective of enabling and fostering African innovators and researchers to work in local and global collaborative partnerships on the ambitious but achievable goals of accelerating knowledge generation, developing and deploying interventions and innovations that will advance the progress towards ending hunger, achieving food security and addressing malnutrition in all forms.
- The Food Security and Nutrition (FSN) awards will fund projects up to USD $100,000 for a maximum of 2 years.
- These awards are seed grants (phase I) meant to provide an opportunity to test particularly bold, proof of concept ideas, including applying approaches from outside the fields indicated for this call.
- New approaches could be piloted as additions to ongoing projects. Winners of the GC Africa-FSN grants will have an opportunity to apply for follow-on, transition to scale funding in future but please note that support for phase II funding is NOT part of this call.
You can also explore many opportunities for Ethiopia from here.
I hope this information helps!