You should definitely apply for the Bill Emerson National Hunger Fellowship program! It’s just a great opportunity for you to develop a deep understanding of effective solutions to hunger and poverty, and your own roles in achieving Zero Hunger in the United States.
The Bill Emerson National Hunger Fellowship trains and inspires new leaders in the movement to end hunger and poverty in the United States. Fellows gain vital first-hand experience through placements with community-based organizations across the country as well as policy-focused organizations in Washington, D.C. The program bridges gaps between local efforts and national public policy, as fellows support partner organizations with program development, research, evaluation, outreach, organizing, and advocacy projects.
Emerson Fellows typically receive financial packages ranging from $38,000 to $45,000 over the duration of the fellowship.
Emerson Fellows gain:
- Membership in a dynamic learning community of fellows;
- Connection to an extensive network of alums, partners, and experts;
- Experience working with community and policy leaders;
- Training, mentoring, and leadership development; and
- Project management experience.
- A commitment to ending hunger and poverty in the United States;
- An ability to adjust and adapt to new situations;
- A commitment to racial equity and social justice;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and skills;
- An ability to solve problems in creative and innovative ways;
- Enthusiasm for learning from a wide variety of individuals with expertise in the area anti-hunger/anti-poverty space; and a willingness to search for new models in anti-hunger and anti-poverty work;
- A lived experience with hunger and poverty;
- Experience working in low-income communities;
- Excitement about peer learning in a tightknit community of fellows;
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience;
- U.S. citizenship or permanent legal residency (required).
If you are ready to join their network of leaders in the movement to end hunger around the world, visit here.