Yes, World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of the WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Identify, engage and manage key technical, operational and financial partners to support WHOs Health Emergencies work, coordinating the development of joint objectives and activities to advance WHOs work in emergencies across 3 levels of WHE.
- Oversee the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of joint partnership objectives ensuring that expected results are tracked and achieved.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of partnerships recommending new strategies and approaches as needed.
- Coordinate with WHE senior management to provide guidance and project management support on activities to strengthen partnership management in WHE.
- Define and implement proactive processes to strengthen internal partnerships (WHE and beyond) to improve collaboration and coordination to deliver joint objectives.
- Contribute to WHO Governing Bodies mechanisms (EB, WHA, etc).
- Fulfil the role of Designated Technical Officer for WHOs official relations with Non-State Actors under FENSA (e.g. IRC, IMC).
- Support corporate planning processes including WHE contributions to the Programme Budget, Output Development Teams, Impact Framework and Global Public Health Goods Coordinate WHE activities and strategic positioning at high level events in collaboration with DGO, DDGO etc (e.g. UNGA, G20, MSC etc).
For more information, visit