Hey, you can apply for The UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)’s Health Systems Research Initiative (HSRI) Call 8 Research Grant – outline stage.
The purpose of this scheme is to provide funding for the best proposals to generate new knowledge to strengthen and improve health systems in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), the Medical Research Council (MRC) and Wellcome jointly fund this call in collaboration with the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC).
The programme’s aims are to fund methodologically rigorous, high-quality interdisciplinary research that will:
- generate evidence on:
- the structure and dynamics of health systems;
- how to strengthen and improve health systems for people living in LMICs through the delivery of evidence-based interventions or structural changes (for example strengthening governance, management, health workforce or supply chain);
- provide evidence that is of direct relevance to decision-makers and practitioners in the field, linking health systems with defined outcomes (e.g. health, confidence, financial protection);
- demonstrate an appreciation of current theories and frameworks in health systems research and/or other social or political science theory of relevance to health systems;
- where focused on a particular aspect of the health system, proposals must demonstrate how interventions relate to and affect wider elements of the system such as governance, financing, health workforce, information systems, service delivery, etc. Read More