The European Union (EU) has launched a call for proposals to Support the activities of civil society organizations and human rights defenders engaged in development in Mauritania.
The program supports the actions of civil society organizations contributing to the socio-economic strengthening of women and young people and contributes to the promotion and protection of the rights of women and girls.
This call for proposals has some specific objectives:
Lot 1: Promote initiatives of civil society organizations targeting the strengthening of entrepreneurial capacities and women’s leadership. Priority will be given to the actions of:
- Capacity building in entrepreneurship of women with particular attention in rural areas, in particular through support for the creation of micro and small enterprises, the organization of technical training, and the promotion of public-private partnership.
- Strengthening the capacities of women in leadership in the public and private sectors, in particular through training and awareness-raising actions on the role and place of women in decision-making bodies and processes.
- Development of actions to promote regalia between women and men and fight against discrimination in the professional environment.
Lot 2: Promote the socio-economic development of youth. Priorities will be given to actions of:
- Support in the orientation and socio-professional integration of young men and women, particularly those with disabilities, by creating economic opportunities and organizing mechanisms for interaction and cooperation with the private sector.
- Promote civic education activities and citizenship in true to include youth in decision-making bodies at the local and national level and development of awareness-raising activities to climate and migration issues.
Lot 3: To support the initiatives of the chile society centered on the fight against violence against women and fine people. Priority will be given to the actions of:
- Support for victims of violence against women and girls in terms of medical, judicial, and legal care, as well as their social reintegration.
- Support for the care of child victims of the corollaries of violence against women.
The deadline to submit applications for this program is 16-Apr-2021.
For more information, visit here