Nominations are now open for the Prime Minister’s Pacific Youth Awards to encourage any Pacific young person creating a positive impact in their chosen field between the age of 17 and 24 to apply.
To be eligible for PMPYA, applicants must:
- Be 17-24 years of age at the time of submitting their application.
- Be of Pacific descent.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand.
- Have created a positive impact in their chosen field in the last 12-24 months.
- Demonstrate that they are involved in the Pacific community.
- Be able to provide character references from two independent referees of appropriate standing (e.g., a minister, school teacher, youth worker, community leader, employer etc). Referees must not be related to you e.g. a cousin, parent etc.
The deadline to nominate for this award is 21-Jul-21.
For more information, visit here