The Amazon Research Awards (ARA) of Amazon Web Services funds in a variety of research areas relevant to Amazon, such as applied machine learning, automated reasoning, computer vision, fairness in artificial intelligence, machine learning algorithms and theory, natural language processing, robotics, security, and more.
- Threat, intrusion and anomaly detection for cloud security
- ML for malware analysis and detection
- Finding security vulnerabilities using ML
- Protecting and preserving data privacy in the cloud
- Learning with limited/noisy labels and weakly supervised learning
- Causal inference for information security
- Graph modeling and anomaly detection on graphs
- Zero/One-shot learning for information security
- Selected Principal Investigators (PIs) may receive the following:
- Unrestricted funds, no more than $80,000 USD on average
- AWS Promotional Credits, no more than $20,000 USD on average
- Training resources, including AWS tutorials and hands-on sessions with Amazon scientists and engineers
- Awards are structured as one-year unrestricted gifts. The budget should include a list of expected costs specified in USD, and should not include administrative overhead costs. The final award amount will be determined by the awards panel.
The last date of submitting the applications is 8-Oct-21.