That’s an excellent question! As you might know that this Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) takes a deep dive into how often children are exposed to the newest technological developments and, through a human rights approach, promotes a more ethical, human-centric, and accessible tech-infused future.
Upon the completion of MOOC participants will have gained:
- Knowledge about the developing international standards for the protection of the human rights of children in the context of AI & biometrics–concerning privacy, education, surveillance and more
- Awareness of the latest research concerning how technology is impacting childhood development and what questions are still unanswered
- Information on modern contextual situations, examples, and case studies from different regions of the world
- Understanding of challenges and limitations in the current environment as it relates to research, regulation, and technological development with a human rights approach
- The ability to identify some legal, political and social strategies to safeguard the human rights of children in relation to data protection and mindful technological integration
- Knowledge of recommendations for families, businesses and governments to bring about change and improvements both at home and in society at large
The last date to apply for this course is 31-Jul-22.