Following are the objectives of activity grant program of the Niwano Peace Foundation:
- Peace is the desire of all humankind.
- Many people in many nations are working unstintingly to bring it about. In spite of this, enormous problems still exist. How best to handle them is the task facing them today.
- The causes of obstructions to peace are manifold, ranging from those involving the individual, the family, the local community, and the nation through problems involving nature and the environment. It is no overstatement to say, however, that the way human beings themselves live is the root of these problems. In times like these, a religion that teaches peace and tolerance has an important role to play.
- Based on these considerations, the Niwano Peace Foundation promotes interreligious understanding and cooperation. It also strives to strengthen cooperation among people actively making continuing efforts, in a religious spirit, to achieve a peaceful society.
- The Foundation does not support any specific religious group. Respecting the uniqueness of all religions and embracing the spirit of tolerance, it aims to build a world of peace and coexistence.
- The Foundation makes grants in order to actively encourage activities undertaken in the spirit of religious principles grounded and conducted in such a way as to invite broad social participation.
The last date of submitting the applications is 22-Oct-21.