Application Requirements for the International Climate Protection Fellowship are mentioned below:
- First university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent), completed less than 12 years previously, counting back from the end of the application period (1 February 2022)
- Leadership skills demonstrated by initial experience in leadership positions and/or appropriate references
- Extensive work experience (at least 48 months at the time of application) in the field of climate protection or climate-related resource conservation
- Choice of a research-based project in the field of climate protection or climate-related resource conversation
- A detailed statement by a host in Germany, including a mentoring agreement; details of the proposal must be discussed with the prospective host prior to application
- Citizenship of a non-European transition or developing country (see list of countries) which is also the applicant’s habitual residence and place of work
- Very good knowledge of English and/or German, documented by appropriate language certificates
- Two expert references by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional, personal and, if applicable, academic eligibility as well as his/her leadership potential.
The deadline for applying for this fellowship is 1-Feb-22.