Hi, The U.S. Embassy Bamako Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
PAS Bamako invites proposals for projects that strengthen ties between the United States and Mali by highlighting shared values and promoting bilateral cooperation. All programs must advance one of the key priorities listed below, promote an element of American culture, or have a connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased ties between the United States and Mali and foster understanding of U.S. policies and perspectives.
The purpose of projects funded under the Annual Program Statement is to strengthen ties between American and Malian citizens as we work together to make progress toward the goals outlined below.
- Strengthening independent media and fighting disinformation through media literacy, training and other engagement;
- Ensuring participation of citizens, especially women and youth, in the democratic process;
- Fostering economic growth and entrepreneurship;
- Advancing anti-corruption efforts and promoting transparency and good governance;
- Promoting inclusive social development, particularly by empowering women and girls;
- Engaging underserved populations, including persons with disabilities, through art, sports, culture and other creative programs;
- Promoting tolerance and peace;
- Strengthening community resilience to extremism; and
- Promoting English language study and acquisition.
The deadline to submit applications for this program is 30-Jun-21.
For more information, visit here