Yes, you can apply for Ignite Culture, a new and exciting grant facility for the cultural and creative sectors in 14 countries in Eastern Africa.
This Eastern Africa focused fund is part of the global ACP-EU Culture Programme which is being implemented by HEVA, in partnership with the British Council Kenya with the financial contribution of the European Union, and with further support from the Organisation of ACP (African, Carribean and Pacific) States.
- The overall objective of the ACP-EU Culture Programme (Eastern Africa): Ignite Culture is to contribute to the economic and social development of Eastern African states, through the growth and development of the cultural and creative sectors.
- Specifically, it seeks to:
- Strengthen the creative and cultural ecosystem in which practitioners and organizations operate in Eastern Africa;
- Improve the access and visibility of the diverse creative and cultural sectors in Eastern Africa;
- Promote economic growth of the creative and cultural sector in the Eastern Africa region.
- A total of €4.5million will be made available as grants for eligible organisations in the cultural and creative sectors of the 14 countries of the Eastern Africa region.
- Applicants may apply for grant funding of between €30,000 to €180,000. For the purpose of application this is divided into three tiers:
- Tier 1 – Applicants can apply for a fixed amount of €30,000
- Tier 2 – Applicants may apply for up to €90,0000
- Tier 3 – Applicants may apply for up to €180,000
The deadline for submitting the applications is 15-Sep-21.
For more information about this grant facility, please visit here.