You will be pleased to know that the U.S. Embassy Majuro is soliciting proposals for its 2021 Small Grants Program for non-government organization (NGOs).
Priority is given to grants that advance democratic practices, including development of civil society; foster freedom of information and independent media; increase transparency in government; support NGO capacity building; advance rule of law and judicial reform; promote civic education; encourage conflict resolution; prioritize human rights; and/or advocate for equal rights for ethnic minorities or women.
- Grants under this award are capped at $10,000.00
- Grant proposals may include modest administrative expense, like honoraria/partial salaries of grant implementers, but only when they are directly linked to conducting the specific grant. Long-term infrastructure costs or “overhead” expenses are not acceptable.
- Grant funds may be used for the publication of material, but proposals must describe the audience, content, and means of distribution.
- Grant funds may be used for seminars and workshops, but proposals must describe the expected audience, content, timeframe, budget, and justify the activity in terms of outcome and benefits to shared United States and Republic of the Marshall Islands values.
- Grant funds may not be used for food and drink expenses.
- Grant funds may be used to train trainers, but they may not… [READ MORE….]
The deadline for applying for this opportunity is 30-Aug-21.