Google News Initiative’s Innovation Challenge is now open! Google will fund selected projects up to USD $250,000 and will finance up to 70% of the total project cost.
The GNI will fund projects from around the world that meet specified criteria, with the intention of producing learning and thought leadership for the wider industry.
What are the Eligible Projects?
- The second Latam GNI Innovation Challenge will advance a more sustainable and diverse ecosystem in Latin America through the development of new business models and new news products.
- All innovative ideas were welcome and projects can be experimental but must have well-defined goals and measurable impact. There’s no requirement to use Google products for the project.
- GNI encourages applicants to clearly demonstrate the value of the project by providing actionable key performance indicators (KPIs).
- KPIs should further the news organizations’ digital news objectives (i.e., digital subscription growth, online daily active users, digital ad revenue, etc.).
- Special consideration will be given to collaborative projects involving multiple news organizations.
- Successful projects will also need to be delivered within one year.
The deadline to submit applications for this program is 3-May-21.
For more information, visit here