The purpose of the Steve Waugh Foundation’s Rarest Diseases Grants Program is to support those with the rarest diseases in Australia, especially those that are ineligible for support from other sources.
The Foundation will consider funding for the treatment; equipment; Some, but not all, minor house renovations or items that improve the quality of life for the applicant and their family.
Who should look forward to this grant?
- The Steve Waugh Foundation (‘the Foundation’) will support children and young adults aged 0-25 years who have a rare disease with a prevalence of at least 2:100,000.
- You must be an Australian Citizen or an Australian permanent resident of at least 5 years to gain assistance from the Foundation.
- Have a recognized rare disease as identified on ORPHANET.
- Have an Australian Medicare Card.
- Have already made an application for Government funding assistance for the requested item, either State or Federal. e.g the NDIS.
- The rare disease has been formally and officially diagnosed by a Paediatrician and/or a Geneticist.
- You have and can provide evidence of the diagnosis of the rare disease signed off by a Paediatrician or Geneticist.
- You have and can provide medical, health, and other documentation or support material required as part of this Application.
The deadline to submit applications for this program is 31-Mar-2021.
For more information, visit here