Yes, the Innovate UK has launched the Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) – Vaccines for epidemic diseases: Readiness for clinical development and regulatory submission to enhance clinical and regulatory preparedness of vaccines against diseases that have outbreak potential in a low or middle income country.
The aim of this competition is to support further development of vaccine candidates and platform technologies. This will enable them to undergo clinical development and ultimately regulatory approval.
Projects can include, but are not restricted to, any elements of the following:
- work to create a regulatory package suitable for endorsement by the appropriate regulatory or ethical authority, for example the MHRA and ethics committees, to allow future work packages to start as soon as funding is available
- completion of work on pre-clinical, non-clinical and supportive assays and technologies packages to aid the transition from the laboratory to clinical trial-enabling activities
- distinct packages of work to enable drug substance and drug product manufacture development
- distinct packages of work to enable clinical development, including assay development, clinical design, and production of regulatory documents
- ideas to increase technical or economic utility or acceptance of vaccines and therefore likely availability or use in low and middle income countries (LMICs)
- improving acceptability or potential deployment of vaccines, including addressing barriers such as vaccine hesitancy
Apply till 10-Nov-21.