The U.S. Mission in Uganda’s Public Affairs Office is pleased to announce that funding is available through the Public Diplomacy Grant Program for projects ranging in value from $5,000 to $40,000.
The objectives of the Public Diplomacy Grant Program are:
- To promote positive relations between the people of Uganda and the United States; reinforce shared values, and connect Uganda’s emerging leaders (aged 16 to 35) to the American people through projects that:
- Help Ugandan youth, especially young women, explore and discover their potential through innovative science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM,) programs, as well as entrepreneurship programs.
- Encourage Ugandan youth to participate in civic life through social entrepreneurship, volunteerism, and community engagement.
- Strengthen understanding of U.S. values and institutions; highlight U.S. culture, including American Studies; and support diversity, acceptance of minority groups, and other areas of mutual interest.
- Demonstrate the power of the arts to promote positive self-expression, social change, and economic opportunity.
- Promote the application of new technologies to address economic, environmental, and social challenges of shared concern.
The deadline to submit applications for this program is 30-Jun-21.
For more information, visit here