Yes, The Duke-UNICEF Innovation Accelerator program has been launched to help social entrepreneurs acquire the knowledge, tools, and networks necessary to improve the lives of children around the world.
The goal is to increase the effectiveness, sustainability, and scale of impact of some of the most promising solutions to critical challenges facing the world’s children. Ultimately, the Accelerator supports UNICEF’s goal to give a fair chance in life to every child, everywhere, especially the most disadvantaged.
What Benefits does this program offer?
- Over the course of the 2-year Accelerator, selected enterprises will receive:
- $25,000 unrestricted, one-time grant;
- Personalized coaching from social enterprise experts at Duke University and field experts from UNICEF;
- Bespoke mentoring;
- Customized capacity building curriculum;
- Duke University student support;
- Access to our broad networks.
- Accelerator Awardees should anticipate the following as part of their participation:
- Participate in online communities and webinars;
- Participate in regular calls for coaching, mentoring, and peer learning;
- Participate in the week-long Duke-UNICEF Virtual Forum on Social Innovation, held twice yearly;
- Develop a capacity-building plan for scaling their impact, with support from the Accelerator team;
- Implement and track the progress of a customized capacity-building plan, with support from the accelerator team and other mentors;
- Report relevant program performance and financial data on a semi-annual basis;
- Share insights, promising practices, lessons learned, and other experts with other social enterprises participating in the accelerator.
The deadline to submit applications for this program is 05-Mar-2021.
For more information, visit here