Hi, please apply for The European Cultural Tourism Network (ECTN)’s “Regenerating European tourism through Culture, Heritage and Creativity” program.
The Awards will be given for achievements by cultural tourist destinations that have produced significant results related to enhancing visitor experience while respecting traditions and involving local communities.
These Awards enhance the visibility of European cultural tourism destinations, create a platform for sharing experience and knowledge, and promotes networking between destinations. The Awards Contest is open to tourist destinations across Europe, to showcase their results and outputs in sustainable cultural tourism under several selected categories each year.
The 2021 Awards address the following heritage-related aspects of sustainable cultural tourism:
- Archaeological Sites and Museums as Cultural Tourism Attractions
- Walking Tourism and Slow Travel – Synergies with Cultural Tourism, supported by Via Francigena Cultural Route of the Council of Europe
- Digitalisation in Sustainable Cultural Tourism, towards Smart Destinations
- Transnational Thematic Tourism Products, including European Cultural Routes
- Cultural and Creative Industries (CCIs) contribution to Cultural and Creative Tourism development, in the framework of the ‘International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development 2021’ and Interreg Europe Cult-CreaTE project, supported by ‘Creative Tourism Network’
- Railway Heritage Assets for Cultural Tourism, in the framework of the ‘European Year of Rail 2021’.
The deadline to submit applications for this program is 1-Jun-21.
For more information, visit here