Most often fundraising efforts of organizations go futile because of improper planning and lack of effective fundraising strategies. No matter how effectual an organization is in implementing field projects, they generally have to struggle when it comes to raising funds.
Section 1: Tips for enhancing conventional methods of fundraising
- Plan well in advance: Planning is the key and that’s why do not wait till your project comes to an end. Start planning at least a year in advance, so that you have enough time to submit application to various donors. As different donors have a funding cycle, you will not want to miss any opportunity and therefore keep enough time.
- Diversify your donors: Well if you are still stuck with traditional donors, it high time you diversify your donors. There are several new donor mechanisms in place viz. virtual funding platforms, crowd funding, CSR, individuals etc. Keep an eye on such funding windows as there is a huge potential to get funds from them.
- Share your success and impact stories with donors: Donors like to know how you have utilized their money, therefore share with them impact stories. Sharing information motivates them to support your cause in the long run.
- Pay special attention while writing your proposal: This is one of the most important steps towards ensuring donor engagement and receiving money from donors.nal.
- Face to face meetings always result in better results: These days people emphasize on new methods of fundraising like use of internet, telephone and crowd funding but no matter how much technology progresses, face to face meetings are the best way to raise funds. vailable on their webpage and guidelines.
- Keep your financial statements and audit reports handy and available: One of the best ways to enhance donor support is through clearly stating your financial details and making it available to the donor.
- Maintain a congenial relation with your existing donors: You need to maintain a good rapport with your existing donors as well. Submit all the reports, financial documents and updates with them in a timely manner.
Section 2: Tips for enhancing online fundraising efforts
With the growing use of internet globally, you should also strengthen your online fundraising efforts. Here are a few quick tips that can enhance online donations for your work.
- Go mobile: As more and more people use smart phones, the use of laptops and desktops will reduce considerably for internet search. In such a scenario it is advisable that you make your website mobile friendly.
- Make sure to have a donate button visible all across the website: When you start online fundraising it is important that you add a donate button and place it appropriately on the page.
- Share your impact stories on your webpage and monthly newsletter: You can attract more donors by regularly updating your website.
- 4. Provide donors options: While making your donation page, make sure to provide donors with multiple options to support your cause.
- Use compelling imagery: Visual images always create a long lasting impact on humans and therefore use images that compel the donors to support your cause.
- Use statistics to show results
- Make sure to secure online transactions
- Make the process of payment easy